So I’ve been on a bit of bean-craze lately – they’re just so versatile! I absolutely LOVE this recipe adapted from Honey and Vanilla. She’s unbelievable! I took ALL of her cooking classes going through school and I cannot rave enough about how awesome she is! I refer to her website and social media pages all the time as she’s basically an RHN, Red Seal Chef NINJA in the kitchen – definitely recommend checking her out or taking a few of her classes if you’re ever able to!
I made these for an ex boyfriend and he couldn’t even TELL that they were made out of BEANS! So sneaky. Perfect for little kids or picky eaters! Not only are they delicious, it’s a great way to increase your fiber and protein intake!
You can check out her original recipe here or follow me slightly altered version below!
- 2 cans black beans (organic + BPA free – or cook your own to bring cost down!)
- 3tbsp raw local honey
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1tsp peppermint extract
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend all of the ingredients (except for the cacao nibs) all together in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Mix in the cacao nibs, saving a hand full to top on top.
- Pour your mix into an 8×8 pan or into mini cupcake trays.
- If you’re using a pan, they’ll take about 45min. If you’re using the cupcake trays they’ll take about 30min.
- I’ve made this recipe in a few different types of oven and found that sometimes they need 5 – 10min longer than the recommended time so poke them with a toothpick to ensure they are cooked! It’s okay if they’re a bit undercooked – they’ll stay more moist and chewy that way. 🙂
- Ensure you use a very high speed blender (such as a Vitamix) or thoroughly blend the mix until FULLY emulsified! This is key to the recipe – it’s how you keep the bean part sneaky.
- Check out Christina’s website for other variations of this recipe! She’s got some great suggestions on there.
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”
Have you heard?!
I’m sending out a weekly Affirmation, every Sunday, for an entire year! Looking to manifest a more positive, happy, healthy lifestyle? Follow my blog below by entering in your e-mail address at the bottom of this page! ↓