Quick and easy bevy to impress anyone- as a mocktail or a cocktail!
If you know me, you know I’ve always loved creating cocktails. I’ve never been one to drink “just because” or “to get drunk” – it was always about the experience and social aspect for me so I loved to sip and create a few quality cocktails instead of…. well you get the idea 🙃
But before we begin, the holistic nutritionist in me would love to remind you that EVERYTHING can have benefits if enjoyed in small quantities! If you’re wondering how much alcohol is “too much” or if there are even any benefits, check out my previous post on alcohol types here!
Okay, now back to the good stuff… enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe out!
- 2 oz Gin
- I like to use our local Empress Gin for the colour in cocktails and Clever Gin when making mocktails
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 tsps Lavender Simple Syrup
- Fresh Lemon or Dried Lavender to garnish
- 2 oz Gin
Lavender SIMPLE SYRUP OPTIONS
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 – 2 drops DoTERRA Food Grade Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup raw cane or coconut sugar
- OR use 2 – 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Lavender Food Colouring (optional)
- I use a blend of red & blue juice powders to create the lavender colour. I usually only colour the simple syrup if the gin isn’t.
- Create your simple syrup by combining the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat and whisk until combined. Store in the fridge for about 1 – 2 weeks.
- In a fancy cocktail glass, add a large ice cube (if preferred) and pour the simple syrup, lemon and then gin into the glass. Garnish with a slice of lemon, dried lemon peel or dried lavender sprig.
- Top up with a naturally fermented soda to make this bevy last longer!
Heidi MacAulay, R.H.N.
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”
Learn more about me, my credentials or how to work with me here!