If you already follow me on Instagram and Facebook, I’m sure you can tell that I am a HUGE foodie! I love trying new things, fermenting, experimenting and creating delicious whole food recipes while also indulging in nourishing desserts (yes, I want my cake and to eat it, too!).
You’ll find that all of my recipes will be Gluten-Free with a variety of Dairy-Free, Paleo, Keto, Vegan, Raw, Vegetarian, AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) and GAPS (Gut And Psychology Syndrome) friendly dishes. That being said, I like nourishing, health-conscious meals that are nutrient-dense, healing, LOCALLY sourced when possible, LOOK good, TASTE good and are EASY to make! I’m a firm believer in balance and moderation. I do not associate myself with any one specific diet however, I am a true advocate of locally sourced, seasonally grown and ethically raised practices.
Searching for a new health-consciouos take on your favourite dish? Shoot me a message and let me know! I’m always looking for inspiration and excited to learn and try new things. 🙂
LOOKING FOR HELP IN THE KITCHEN? LOOK NO FURTHER.. CLICK HERE
Looking to cut costs on your grocery bills? The best way to do this is to source locally, seasonally and stock up when prices are good! Most of the fresh foods you buy can be preserved, canned or frozen. Check out my tips on how to grocery shop economically here!
Being raised by butchers on the Saanich Peninsula, I will source all of my produce from local farmers across Vancouver Island. BC Farms & Food has the BEST detailed map covering all areas across Vancouver Island. However, these are some of my go-to places:
- Meat: Carnivore Meats, Berryman Brothers Meat, Mellor Family Farm, Ireland Farms, Glenwood Meats, Gunter Brothers, McLennans Meat & Seafood, Fraser Orr’s, Hertels, Lockwood, Pickles Pantry, Parry Bay Sheep, Morningstar Bison, Colemans Water Buffalo, Island Farmhouse Poultry…
- Produce, Vegetables, Fruit & More: Sun Wing Farm, Dans Farm Market, Sun Trio, Lohbrunner Community Farm, Haliburton Organic Farm, Old Farm Market, Lockwood Farms, Kildara, Saanich Organics, ALM Organic Farm, SSI Sprouts & Mushrooms, Country Bee Honey Farm, Island Hazelnut, Silver Rill Corn, Tugwell Creek, Fredrich’s Honey, Kleekhoot Gold Maple Syrup, Community Farm Store, Cosman & Webb Organic Maple Syrup, Merridale, Sea Cider…
- Dairy: Promise Valley, Salt Spring Island Cheese, Cowichan Milk Company, Avalon, Cowichan Creamery, Little Qualicum Cheese, Haltwhistle Cheese…
- Seafood: Finest at Sea, Sidney Fish Market, The Drift Meat & Seafood…
- My Go-To Fishing Guides: Conor at First Light Sportfishing or Graham at Obee Fishing Charters
- Farmers Markets: Duncan Farmers Market (one of the only markets open year-round on Vancouver Island!!), Peninsula Country Market, Moss Street Market, Get Fresh Guide, BC Farmers Market Trail, Qualicum Beach Farmers Market (also open year-round!), Madronas Farmers Market
- Off-Island Bulk Buying: Organic Matters located in Nelson, For Good Measure located in Cadboro Bay, Harmonic Arts located on Vancouver Island, Real Raw Foods from Naramata, Rancho Vignola located in Armstrong and Bulk Barn can also have some pretty great items!!
LOOKING FOR LOCAL INGREDIENTS MADE INTO FRESH OR FROZEN PRE-MADE MEALS? THEN LOOK NO FURTHER.. CLICK HERE