- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound fresh shrimp without shells, deveined
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup basil, finely sliced
- 1/2 – 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 portobello, thinly sliced
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package of pasta (I love using Explore Cuisines Bean or Chickpea & Lentil Pastas)
- Himalayan salt + pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat ghee and onions over medium heat. Once the onions begin to turn translucent, add garlic, portobello, paprika and crushed red pepper flakes. Turn the temperature up just a bit so that it is a high medium heat. Add salt and pepper midway through cooking.
- Once the portobellos begin to cook down, add the prawns and basil (leaving some to top with). If necessary, add another tablespoon of ghee with it. Stir ingredients all together until they are well combined.
- Immediately after, add half and half cream and all of the cheese – bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer, and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts. Cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some of pasta water. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water. Add pasta to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce. Stir well, season with more seasonings, if desired.
- If the cream sauce is too thick and you want it creamier – add some pasta water in small amounts until you reach desired consistency.
- Voila! Serve and top with fresh cracked pepper and fresh basil. Enjoy!
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”