In all honesty, this was a very happy, spontaneous creation! All I had in my fridge was 1 pepper, 1 egg, LITERALLY 1 sprig of cilantro/parsley left, some sad lookin avocados and a bunch of yams/potatoes.. so I didn’t have much fresh stuff to work with! But I came up with something delicious nonetheless.
However, I would have added a few extra ingredients if I had them on hand so I’ve included them in this recipe anyways 😉 and if you do the whole meat thing, some ground meat or sausage could also be nice in here!
This meal took me maybe 30min from start to finish to cook as well! And practically no mess, I just threw everything straight into the cast iron!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small yam, diced
- 2-3 baby potatoes, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 can red kidney beans, strained + rinsed
- 1 heaping tbsp taco spice mix
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- 3 – 4 local free-range eggs
- Salsa/Sour Cream
- Kimchi Hot Sauce
- Himalayan Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt coconut oil in a cast iron over med-high heat and pan fry onion, garlic, yams and potatoes until semi-soft. Add peppers, beans, spice mix and pan fry until well combined and heated, about 5 min.
- Top with parmesan, cracked eggs and put in the oven until eggs are just cooked, about 5-10min. Top with desired ingredients and enjoy!
- Alternatively, if you have a lid that fits your pan you could cover the dish and cook the eggs on the stop top over low-med heat instead of in the oven- just be careful not to scorch the bottom!
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”