Anyone else have an abundance of zucchini they need to use up? Chopping, grating or slicing your zucchini and then freezing in a freezer sealed container is a great way to be able to enjoy it all year round! Or use up a some of it in this delicious breakfast (dessert??) recipe! And as always it’s intended to be gluten-free but you can use any flour you have on hand! The zucchini (and/or banana) keeps this loaf super moist so it generally works with any flour!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour of choice (I used a homemade gluten-free mix of sprouted spelt, buckwheat, Sorghum, arrowroot, rice, and tapioca)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 mashed banana (optional but highly recommended if you’re using a heavier/denser flour option)
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
CINNAMON SWIRL FILLING
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the eggs, sugars, oil, vanilla, and butter together. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, soda, powder, and spices. Add to the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the grated zucchini and cacao nibs until fully combined.
- Combine the cinnamon swirl filling in a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat your baking pan(s) with coconut oil and pour the batter half way full.
- Top the batter with the cinnamon swirl filling, saving about 2 tbsp to coat on top. lightly swirl the cinnamon with a toothpick before dolloping the remaining batter on top.
- Once the batter has been used up, spread the remaining cinnamon swirl on top and lightly swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 30-45min if baking in small individual pans like I have or for about 1 hour and 15 minutes in a large singular pan or until a toothpick comes out clean.
HAPPY BAKING ❤
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”