FUN FACT 🌱
Did you know that juicing cucumber + celery together creates a complete protein?! 🥒
Yupp! These two veggies, when combined, have complimentary amino acid profiles to make a complete protein (whaaaa?!) #knowledgebomb 🤯
With the hotter days we’ve been having, my body has naturally been craving more fresh fruits, vegetables and liquids as opposed to big solid meals. This juice, being a complete protein, actually helps my body feel satisfied and full after drinking only 500ml! Not only does it keep me full, it helps support my bodies natural detoxification process and allows my digestive system a bit of a rest as it doesn’t need to work as hard to assimilate and absorb the nutrients in a fresh juice.
Now that (most) farm stands are open again, it’s the perfect time to get outside, support local and get some of that gooood green stuff in yah! 💚
This Juice is perfect to enjoy after a high-intensity cardio session or in the morning as your body is just waking up. If preferred, add some MCT oil (fat) to help it stay in your system a bit longer!
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 bunch celery
- 3 bunches of leafy seasonal greens (kale, swiss chard, collards, romaine, spinach, BEET greens, watercress, micro-greens, etc.)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 lemons
- 2 apples
- handful of ginger
- Optional: 2 bunch herbs of choice (mint/spearmint, basil, watercress, micro-greens, etc.)
- Chop up all ingredients into sm-med pieces and toss together in a large bowl. Juice all together (ideally on a slower cold-pressed juicer to avoid heating up or damaging the nutrients in the food).
- Pro Tip: Try to make sure you get a little bit of leafy greens with the more durable items so that it’s easier for juicing. Have a a glass of water on hand if you need to pour some through to help the juicer move the items through.
- I like to pour all of the juice into one big bowl or pot so that it mixes all together.
- You can save the pulp for composting/gardening, making vegetable stock or dehydrating and making green chips! This recipe makes about 3L worth. Pour into small mason jars and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Freeze remaining juice if unused.
WHERE TO BUY 🥬
Ensure that all products are either organic or unsprayed as herbs/leafy greens are usually sprayed HEAVILY! I don’t believe you need to buy all of your grocery items organic however, when it comes to herbs + fresh greens + especially JUICING, it is a non-negotiable for me! Sunwing, Dans Farm Market and Sun Trio all have unsprayed and organic products. For more retailers, check out my post on where to shop economically + locally!
Happy juicing! 💚🌱🥒🥬
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”