B R E A K F A S T on-the-go 🍏
As a Holistic Nutritionist, of course I never recommend eating rushed, distracted or “on-the-go” – our poor bodies just can’t digest that way!
As a HUMAN I recognize that sometimes, this just isn’t possible! And sometimes, we need something quick and easy to grab-and-go.
For mornings like this, I like to have a few of these chia puddings on hand.
They’re quick and easy to make, loaded with omega oils, SUPER nutrient dense, will keep you full + satisfied longer than a piece of bread will, they contain a fermented element AND can store in the fridge for at least a week! Here’s what I usually like to add:
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (homemade option below) + 1 tsp chia seeds mixed in
- 1/4 cup kefir or mylk of choice (homemade options below) + 1 tsp chia seeds mixed in
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 – 2 drops of your favourite DoTERRA Essentail Oil (optional)
HOMEMADE APPLE SAUCE
- 2 cups diced chai apples, frozen or thawed
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup apple juice or water, depending on how sweet or how thin/thick you like it
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- Simmer on low all together until soft then blend until desired consistency. Keep in fridge for 1 week or freeze.
- Mix the vanilla in with the kefir mixture. Layer the two mixtures in small mason jars and top with desired ingredients. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Heres a few toppings I like to rotate through:
✔️ diced spiced apple or banana
✔️ homemade granola
✔️ pumpkin/sunflower seeds
✔️ hemp hearts
✔️ Brazil nuts/hazelnuts/almonds
✔️ Homemade Fermented goodies like yogurt, kefir and more
✔️ Or use your own home-made Hemp Mylk
For those keeping it low-sugar, Candida + Keto friendly, you can easily omit the apple sauce part and just double up on the kefir mixture or better yet, use your own homemade nut mylk!
*SIDE NOTE* these are great to grab-and-go but the Holistic Nutritionist side of me would like to recommend NOT eating this while driving and allowing yourself the whole whopping 5min it will take you to eat this. Sit, rest, be mindful and enjoy this breakfast when you get where you’re going – you (and your body) deserve that. ♥️
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”