This is 10+ years of personal self discovery, trial & error and yah, a little formal education thrown in there as well 😉
My journey with anxiety started at a young age; I remember my first anxiety attack was somewhere around gr 4 or 5. What I didn’t find out until I was in my 20s is that I didn’t struggle with anxiety and depression; I struggled with high functioning anxiety & depression- which is why no one could properly diagnose me for so long 🙃
As I grew up, my undiagnosed symptoms manifested into more severe problems such as acne, digestive issues, thyroid issues, hormonal imbalances, severe mood swings, overall low immunity and frequent colds.
To help manage these symptoms I worked with a variety of people and started with the Birth Control pill, supplements, antidepressants, extreme work-out plans and dietary restrictions to name a few.
No matter how much water I drank, how often I moved my body or what magic pill/cream I tried, things seemed to just get worse.
Masking the symptoms with a fake smile, a good job, boys, drugs and alcohol worked well for a little while but wasn’t a long lasting solution. (clearly..)
Although I “looked” happy and healthy to the outside world, inside, I was not; mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially and especially environmentally.
Knowing somewhere, deep, deep down, it wasn’t supposed to be this hard or feel this way, I committed myself to a path of self-discovery.
Which is where my formal education begins.
Attempting my Nutrition diploma in 2015, I had to pause my studies to focus on family and work. During this time I completed the Discovery Program at Cedars Rehabilitation Centre which opened my eyes to self-care and understanding just how powerful our minds truly are.
People look at alcoholism.. chronic depression.. anxiety and diseases.. as something you can “just get over” and move on with. But it’s not. If it is a disease (not a symptom), it is something you have to work with daily if you truly want to live a peaceful meaningful life.
It is easy to fall back into old habits. It can be hard to stay on the straight and arrow path. But like anything, once you’ve done it long enough, it becomes a habit. And it does get easier. (ESPECIALLY with help)
Continuing on, I then completed my diploma in Holistic Nutrition with honours along with all requisitions to be certified in Holistic Culinary Cooking & Food Prep by 2018. I continued my education to become certified in Sports Nutrition & Performance while also becoming an ISW certified facilitator, teaming up with DoTERRA Essential Oils and SEAAV Sustainable Athletics in 2020.
Having a long-standing personal practice of over 10 years, I continue my education in Yoga, Aromatherapy, Ayurveda, TCM, Holistic Health, Psychedelic Therapy, Addictions/Recovery and more.. Recently completing my 200hr Ashtanga & Ayurvedic teacher training in 2021.. and obviously, I’m not stopping there..
Healing doesn’t happen overnight.
I am healing every single day and I will also hurt some days, too. But it is possible. It is possible to be happy. It is possible to be healthy; whatever that LOOKS and FEELS like to YOU.
I want to help others cultivate that same health and happiness for themselves; in whatever way that looks like for them.
Because what I’ve grown to realize is that health and happiness is not a one-size-fits-all it is not the same for every single person, every single day.
This 20+ page booklet offers all of the tools to get you started on your own path with Anxiety. It is designed with the intention to fit YOU and YOUR lifestyle; customized the way you see fit. Take what you need and leave the rest.
WHAT IS IT
A Holistic Approach to Anxiety. This detailed booklet will include recommendations to support the body optimally with reducing, recovering or working through symptoms of Anxiety.
- Nutrition:Ways to eat when you have no appetite
- 3 Day Meal Plan:with tips for waking up/going to bed and recipes/tips for breakfast, lunch, dinner, bevy, snacks, meal prep ideas and warm/cold food options (depending on the time of year)
- Lifestyle:understanding choices that help or hinder
- Some supplement suggestions – emphasis through diet
- Ways to use Essential Oils for:Anxiety, Social Anxiety, CNS Nervous System, Nervous Fatigue, Indigestion/Nervousness
- Yoga:Mindfulness practices, Meditation tips, Breathing exercises, Soothing yoga postures to practice and more
- Follow Up:ways to stay connected, personal Q&A and more..
CHOOSE YOUR PICK:
- $60 – IN PERSON WORKSHOP – REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Saturdays, December 4 or 11 in Skutz Falls at Rising Sol Space
- Class is from 11:30am – 12:30pm however, guests may arrive early at 11 and leave late by 1 to relax and ask questions
- Workbook, essential oil samples and space for Q&A is included
- $50 – VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
- Sundays, December 5 or 12 online via Zoom
- Class is from 11:30am – 12:30pm. Questions may be emailed or asked before/after class.
- eBook, essential oil samples (if requested) and space for Q&A is included
- $40 – JUST THE EBOOK/WORKBOOK
- Just the eBook or Workbook – or both!
- $40 – JUST THE PERSONAL 30min Q&A
- Just the personal Q&A phone call with ME to go over the booklet or any anxiety questions you may have.
- $60 – IN PERSON WORKSHOP – REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Heidi MacAulay, R.H.N.
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”
Learn more about me, my credentials or how to work with me here!