I LOVE having a batch of this tea in the fridge to grab and heat up – or even enjoy cold! I find I naturally gravitate towards this tea in the winter months (probably for the amount of Vitamin D and B complex vitamins it contains!). It is perfect to warm the body up, support my immune system for the winter and help with any inflammation that may be going on due to seasons changing.
- Nutrient Dense and loaded with super foods
- High in B-Complex Vitamins and Vitamin D
- May help to lower blood pressure and sugar Levels
- Helps to increases circulation
- Rich in antioxidants
- Helps to support and encourage a healthy immune system
- May help with with gastrointestinal issues
- May help with neurological issues (especially memory fog/loss!)
- High in anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in adaptogens
THIS TEA COULD HELP WITH:
People with certain autoimmune disorders (consult with your naturopath), SIBO, Candida (great alternative to tea/coffee when on a Candida cleanse!), Gut Overgrowth, Skin Irritations (acne, eczema, psoriasis..), Depression/Anxiety, Memory Fog/Loss, Prediabtetics/Diabetics, People Struggling with Weight Gain, and Kidney Problems.
I especially love this tea when I’m doing a cleanse or a detox! Most beverages are not usually allowed on cleanses and detoxes (as most can be highly processed, high in sugar, loaded with caffeine – even some fermented beverages aren’t allowed on certain cleanses!) however, this tea is free of caffeine, free of sugar and helps to assist the body in its natural detoxification process. Wondering where you can get these magical ingredients? Check out your local health food store, network with your local foragers (I love to forage for my own mushrooms when possible!) or go to Purica Wellness, Host Defense (Paul Stamets company), Annada Chaga, Harmonic Arts and Organic Matters.
- roughly 1/4 – 1/2 cup whole, chunked, Chaga Mushroom
- roughly 1/4 – 1/2 cup whole, sliced Reishi Mushroom
- roughly 1/4 – 1/2 cup whole, Turkey Tail Mushroom
- 2 True Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 – 4 tbsp Raw Organic Ginger
- 2 – 4 tbsp Chai Spice Mix (optional)
- 4L Filtered Water
Place all ingredients in a large pot or crockpot and place on the warm setting or simmer on a low temperature with the lid on for a minimum of 3 hours. For full benefits, simmer for 24hrs. Pour, and enjoy!
- Keep it low and slow! AVOID bringing this tea to a boil. Boiling this tea may decrease or damage the valuable nutrients in these medicinal ingredients. Ensure to keep the temperature low throughout the whole process.
- Store this tea in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze and enjoy for months! This tea is great as a cold brew or warmed up on the stove.
- To make a sweeter tea, try adding maple syrup, honey or stevia.
- Use this tea as a coffee replacement or while detoxing!
- The mushrooms in this recipe can be dehydrated and re-used for 2 – 3 more batches. Ginger and cinnamon sticks should be composted after each batch.
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”