- 1 cup almond flour (or spelt, coconut, oat, brown rice..)
- ¼ tsp himalayan salt or sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin (BPA-free canned pumpkin works as well)
- 3 eggs (preferably free-range)
- 2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey (you can omit this for a Candida friendly recipe or replace with 4 drops of stevia)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Chunked candied ginger
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Cacao Nibs
- Replace or mix Banana with the roasted pumpkin (my suggestion: 1/4 cup banana, 1/4 cup pumpkin)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix dry ingredients and spices together in a medium stainless steel bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a small stainless steel bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until smooth.
- Add in optional ingredients and lightly mix together.
- Grease pans with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into 3 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- Bake mini loafs for approximately 20 – 25 min and bake large loaf for about 40 – 45min.
- Insert toothpick to the center of the loaf to check if it is fully cooked. You’ll know the loaf is done when the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Slice, butter and serve as is (with a cozy beverage) or add a little Nut Butter! This loaf lasted in my fridge for about 1 – 2 weeks. This loaf is great for freezing as well; Pull the loaf out of the freezer a day before using and then toast in a toaster, toaster oven or warm in the oven at 350°F.
*NOTE* I am a HUGE fan of spices! I like to pre-make the spice mix and keep it in my cupboard for quick & easy use. That being said, this recipe is LOADED with them! I don’t find the recipe overpowering however, some may find it a bit overpowering. No problem! You can reduce the spices to half the amounts that are recommended and it will still taste moist and delicious. 🙂
Recipe inspiration found Here.
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”
Have you heard?!
I’m sending out a weekly Affirmation, every Sunday, for an entire year! Looking to manifest a more positive, happy, healthy lifestyle? Follow my blog below by entering in your e-mail address at the bottom of this page! ↓