How’s everyone feeling after yesterday?
🧘🏼♀️ A little sore from yoga?
💃🏼 Or dance?
⚡️ Or a little more thirsty after all that beautiful energy work?
Good! That means we got the blood pumpin and those meridians open, activated & stimulated.
I’ve shared these in the SWELL Health Facebook Group before so you may have gotten a preview of this list before BUT here are a few of my favourite ways to support the body in recovering optimally after energy exertion:
- ✨ Make sure to stay hydrated ✨
- Ideally with clean, pure and/or filtered water (chlorine/carbon dioxide can dehydrate the muscles/body). Try adding a pinch of Himalayan salt or an electrolyte for extra benefits/optimal absorption.
- ✨ Epsom salt or MSM bubble baths ✨
- Followed by soothing massages (self-msasage or with aa partner – see website for details), body brushing or lymphatic massages using oils.
- ✨ Light stretching, walking or nourishing movements of any kind- even if it hurts a little! ✨
- That’s good! It means you did something! Stagnation after a workout can tense up the muscles and cause spasms or delay in recovery.
- ✨ Essential Oils to focus on:✨
- Deep Blue (oil or lotion), Lavender or Serenity, Wintergreen, Peppermint/Spearmint and/or citrus oils are my go-to. For stimulation use the mint/citrus oils (day time use usually) and for relaxation use Lavender (or Serenity) massaged directly onto area of concern with carrier oil or bottom of feet before bed. Connect with me for free samples 🎁
- ✨Beverages to focus on:✨
- Cozy up with some bone/veggie broth for high collagen & easy to absorb nutrients or enjoy bevy’s high in vitamin C such as warm lemon/ginger/turmeric/hibiscus tea, green tea or herbal teas before bed such as valerian/chamomile/turmeric/tulsi/lavender..
- ✨ Food to focus on ✨
- Local, whole ingredients high in Quality Protein (amino acids) and COMPLEX carbohydrates are your BEST friends for optimal recovery- yay! Just in time for cozy season. Focus on local, seasonal and ethical foods high in vitamin C, D, zinc and EFAs (essential fatty acids). Think yams, beans, lentils, cruciferous veggies, citrus fruit, turmeric/roots/herbs, tofu, tempeh, fermented foods, spirulina, wild seafood/shellfish/seaweed, wild game/meat, quality butter/ghee, free-range eggs… alll the quality comfort food!!
- ✨ Supplements to consider ✨
- **if safe, please consult your health practitioner.** Ideally focus on foods high in these nutrients: Vitamin A, C, D, high quality EFAs, collagen, antioxidants, quality amino acids, glutamine on an empty stomach (can help with sleep, repairing gut lining & digestive issues as well), zinc/magnesium before bed (also helps with sleep) and curcumin/turmeric (GREAT for reducing inflammation).