Anyone else craving comfort food 24/7 as we transition into this cozy autumn season?! Well good news, comfort food can still be comforting AND nutrient dense!
Use this marinara in any of your favourite pasta dishes – I usually like to use this one in my zucchini lasagna recipe! (Found HERE)
- 800ml diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee (omit or replace with coconut oil to keep it vegan)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, or to taste
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- S+P to taste
- Warm coconut oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions + sauté for 5 min, until the onion softens.
- Next, add mushrooms, butter, garlic, spices + balsamic vinegar. Stir until fully combined + the mushrooms have been cooked down, about 5min.
- Add tomatoes + bring to a boil, stirring consistently. Reduce heat + allow to simmer for about 15-20 min or until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to keep the sauce from sticking. That’s it! Remove bay leafs before serving.
“Eat more plants. Do more yoga. Read more books.”